Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bear Lake, birthday and Beach Baby

August is the month when South Weber fair days goes on, we decided for fun-z's we'd put Gwendolyn in the baby contest which was themed 'Beach Baby'






So Saturday August 1st we took her down to the rec center in her swimsuit and a little grass skirt I altered for her. It was SO cute! They had the babies parents (actually Mom's) take the babies up for the judges to see while the announcer read a little bit about each child. I decided that since Gwen is Daddy's lil' princess that he should take her up instead of me, plus some of the mom's can be scary in contests like this, but the INSTANT she got up for her turn, my little sweetheart started talking up a storm with all sorts of smiles and blew lots of raspberries. I have to admit I was a little proud, most of the other babies didn't even pay attention to the judges. After all the babies had been introduced they had us go get their pictures taken for their beach baby themed background so they could judge the winners, then we all came back in and they started announcing the prizes. There was only one other baby girl there and when she was awarded "cutest little mermaid" we knew Gwendolyn was the winner of Princess of the Sea. Our families were all there to watch baby Gwen get her very first bling, her very own teeny tiara. SO fun!!

August 4th was Kori's birthday so we went to Goodwood BBQ, and had a marvelous dinner and then headed back to their house for presents, she got a light up frisbee (that I think Jeff is actually more excited for than Kori) I love you Kori I hope you had a good one :)

And last weekend we went with Jeff's family to Bear Lake. We were lucky not to get stormed out with the menacing clouds lurking overhead, and I've never had such a COLD boat ride! *SHIVER* But we had fun and Gwen enjoyed putting her toes in the water and the sand. She also spent some time with Aunt Natalie on the swing at Natalie's grandma's cabin.

We hurried home after Bear Lake so Gwendolyn could be in the South Weber Days Parade because all baby royalty and little miss winners were suppsed to ride in the parade. Jeff decided that since he had done the contest, I would have to do the parade with her, it was fun and for the most part she really enjoyed it all. Yay for busy weeks :)
Oh! And my sisters got colored hair extentions for fun :) Annie got maroon and
Kori... pink

No comments:

my boys!

my boys!