Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm dreaming of...

Okay, so I'm going to vent a little. During pregnancy it's normal to have dreams about your unborn child. I'm still not sure about family having dreams about it though... About a month ago, my younger sister Kori had a dream that Jeff and I had our baby and hadn't told any of my family for like 3 months... Yes, IF we had done something like that it WOULD be rude, however we weren't thinking we would deliver anytime soon and we just laughed it off. A few weeks ago I had a dream that I went into labor and my husband dropped me off at the hospital and left to go to work and missed the baby being born... I called him to come to the hospital and he made some lame excuse about how he hadn't let anyone know he was leaving yet and he'd come later. (good thing THAT hasn't happened) Last night I had a dream that our baby was born and the umbilical cord came completely detached and she was losing fluid through her belly button! (I'm a paraniod mom all of a sudden) and now my other sister Annie texted me to tell me that she had a dream that (once again) we had the baby and didn't tell my family for 3 days. Then she has the nerve to tell me that if I do that, she won't claim me as her sister anymore. Come on people!

They're dreams! There is no scenario in this lifetime I can think of where Jeff and I wouldn't tell our families that our baby was here. I doubt that Jeff will truly leave me at the hospital to go to work, or that my baby will be born leaking fluid through her belly button. Let's just realize these are dreams and not signs of things to come, and laugh them off.

On another note, after my LONG walk yesterday, I feel as if my entire bottom half wants to shut down. I'm so sore I couldn't sleep after my early morning "run" (to the bathroom) So I tried to get some things done today, and am sad to report that hooking up a small desk fan to blow on the carpet where I just shampoo-ed and rinsed... is probably my biggest accomplishment aside from getting my hair and makeup done. I had wanted to get the house clean today, but I think I might have to hire out for that, or try to coax Jeff... I think it'd be easier to hire someone though. I am now trying to come up with a list of movies to take with us to the hospital, I'd like some happy ones that will keep our spirits up. Any suggestions??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People told me to take movies and magazines but I never had time to watch or read them. Between all the visitors and nurses and doctors there was barely any time to catch up on some sleep. I don't know if this helps? I am excited that she is getting close!

my boys!

my boys!