Time has been going by WAY to fast lately, mostly because the holidays are always busy and make it seem like we don't have enough time for things. A few updates, I'm now almost 30 weeks along, seriously only 10 weeks left! AAAHHH! Jeff and I got to working on the baby room quite a bit this month although it still isn't done. We have the crib set up and bought the baby bedding, it is coming along nicely! We had a great Christmas again this year! We always start our celebrations on Christmas Eve by going out to my parents house, where we have a Christmas Eve candlelight dinner and we use fancy Christmas dishes and GOLD flatware that my grandma got as a wedding gift. I LOVE this tradition and I hope we can always continue to do it. This was the first year that my grandma wasn't there though, so that was a little sad. My grandma is currently in a nursing home; where, she is doing fantastic physically... but we're pretty sure she's given up mentally. We took some time to go see her before our dinner and visit and she says the most outrageous things and it cracks us up! I love her so much and I know she misses my grandpa a LOT, which, I think, is part of the reason she's giving up mentally.
After our dinner at my parents we opened our "open Christmas Eve" gifts. (always new pajamas) And THANK YOU Mom for not buying maternity ones! :D They were all adorable and we looked great in them!
Then we went out to Jeff's grandparents house for their Christmas party with his extended famly, and we really enjoyed spending time with all the family and his cousin Annalisse CRACKED us all up after eating her green cupcake!
We visited with all his family and his grandma aways gets a ton of presents for all the kids, grandkids, and great grandkids. She even got a little something for our baby, which I thought was WAY sweet.
Christmas morning we got up about 7 am to head out to Jeff's parents house because his little sister Karly is 8 so the Christmas 'magic' is still there. We made it in time to see her open her things. They made their traditional Christmas breakfast and we opened gifts and took pictures and it was great. It snowed the whole time and felt VERY Christmas-y.
After that we headed out to my family's house where my youngest sister Kori (16 years old) was STILL SLEEPING! Mind you it was after 11am... anyway. When we got there, my sister Annie and my dad were watching A Christmas Story, so Jeff joined in while I helped my saint of a mother make Jeff some gluten free orange rolls (Jeff has celiacs disease, and my family ALWAYS makes orange rolls for Christmas morning and on Conference Sundays) My mom was so sweet to have gone to find all the crazy indgredients for us to be able to makethem. I love you mom!!!
After breakfast we opened our gifts with my family, we got some really nice gifts from all of them and we were pretty excited to give them some of theirs. We always take our dogs out to my mom's as well because they have dogs also and we took out some rawhide bones for their Christmas treats :)
Then Jeff and I had our own Christmas together at our house, where he got the one thing he wanted more than ANYTHING else... An XBOX 360. (Which incidentally has been on almost 24/7 since it was opened... ha ha!)
I feel like we are SO lucky to be able to see both our families both Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day. I know we sometimes take it for granted that we are so close and we really are blessed to be able to be so close to everyone!
Okay I posted a couple pictures on here and hopefully they will all turn out okay!
Last bit of news... I no longer work for America First! I am a mortgage loan officer for Aspen Hills Mortgage and I work from home! I am so excited for this opportunity and even though it was hard work getting all licensed and certified, I truly know this will be the best thing for me and my family. And I am so blessed to be able to set my own schedule and be at home with my baby girl once she's here. So all in all, I feel like we are definitely counting our blessings from this past year. And of course we include all of our family and friends among those blessings!
We wish you all the best that the new year can bring!
💿 Comment regarder Armageddon En ligne
7 years ago
1 comment:
cute dogs. I can't believe you only have 10 weeks that's crazy time does fly
Post a Comment